Have a smooth migration to Expanse.
With MEDITECH Expanse, many long-time NPR-based applications are all new. Reports based on ABS, ADM, BAR, SCH and other applications will need to be re-written. And if you're currently on MAGIC or Client/Server, you can add EDM, NUR, PCS and OE to the list.
Report Migration with Data Repository
Acmeware provides complete report migration services and support, including project management, inventory, and report conversion for hospitals upgrading to Expanse. We have a bullet-proof project plan to convert all your existing reports from NPR, DR and other sources too. In the last 3 years, we’ve migrated over 1,000 reports and counting!
For our Expanse migration clients, we use our OneTracTM cloud-based report catalog and management tool. With OneTrac, customers can see their entire inventory of reports, assign the conversion work and choose which platform (Data Repository, Report Designer or Business & Clinical Analytics) is best for each particular report.
We also offer customized Data Repository training classes, including one specifically for systems preparing to upgrade to or already live with Expanse.
How do I upgrade my reports?
You may have hundreds of existing MEDITECH reports, all of which will need to be re-written for Expanse. Your custom NPRs will have to be replaced with Data Repository, Report Designer or Business & Clinical Analytics reports. Existing Data Repository reports will need updating too. With so many reports to evaluate and replace you'll need a plan. We're here to help.
Here's an outline of the necessary steps for a successful upgrade:
- Identify and catalog your reports, including their source (NPR, DR, RD, etc.)
- Determine which reports are needed for Expanse
- Prioritize reports based on which are needed for go-live and those that can be done after
- For NPR reports, review their definitions and determine their replacement source: a standard Expanse report or dashboard, DR, RD or BCA
- For DR reports, review their definitions and map them to the Expanse DR database schema
- Author all new reports from your chosen platforms (DR, RD or BCA)
If you'd like more information about how we can help you with your upgrade, contact us today.
Resources from the DR Network
1. A SQL stored procedure that lists existing SQL Server Reporting Services reports
2. A SQL stored procedure that identifies schema dependencies (table and column names) for existing reports