For exclusive use by our vendor partners, OneLink is a cloud-based application that enables the secure exchange of information among disparate software systems. Implementing OneLink is fast, technically straightforward, and results in a minimal footprint on the client system. Once installed, the OneLink services are designed to operate 24/7/365, recover automatically from hardware reboots and network outages, and self-monitor all aspects of the health of its operations. OneLink is deployed in the cloud using scalable Microsoft Azure technologies and messaging as a service. OneLink interface adapters are available for all MEDITECH EHR platforms.
Typically, OneLink can be configured and implemented in less than an hour. A quick summary of implementation steps includes:
- Creating a non-expiring service Active Directory account with
- Administrator permissions on the local server where the OneLink service is installed
- MEDITECH DR SQL Server read access to the list of specified DR tables
- Local firewall rules must be enabled as specified to connect to OneLink message endpoints via SSL
- The OneLink Windows service must be installed and set to run using the configured service account
- A short configuration questionnaire must be completed that includes at a minimum service account, facility, facility’s time zone, and DR server and database(s) names.
A more comprehensive implementation guide and checklist can be made available for any inquiring technical resources upon request.