All content on our website, including blog and DR Network content, is protected by United States and international copyright laws. No portion of this content may be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of an authorized officer of Acmeware, Inc., and this consent may be withheld or granted at our sole discretion. Visitors or users are not allowed to modify, distribute, publish, transmit, or create derivative works of our website or any content found on it.
Acmeware, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information found on our website. We may change the programs or products mentioned on our site at any time without notice. All information provided on our website is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Acmeware, Inc. is not and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages, including lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use our website or any Acmeware, Inc. product, or damages resulting from use of or reliance upon the information presented on our website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
A website browser cookie may be saved to your computer allowing Acmeware, Inc. to track user preferences, the pages you have visited, and certain special data elements required by some of our website applications. If you prefer not to receive cookies from our website, then you may set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you may at any time decline the storage of cookies by so indicating your preference on our website. If you decline, your information won't be tracked when you visit our website. A single cookie will be used in your browser to remember your preference not to be tracked.
Access to secure website areas
Access to and use of secure areas of the website is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution. All activity on the Acmeware, Inc. website is subject to monitoring and logging.
Information about children
Copyright infringement notice and takedown policy
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and other applicable law, Acmeware, Inc. is obligated to respond to written notifications from copyright owners or their authorized representatives alleging that material posted or residing on our website infringes their copyrights. As part of this response, we may remove those allegedly infringing materials from our website or eliminate or disable access or links to them.
How to submit an infringement notice to us
To submit a copyright infringement notice to Acmeware, Inc., send a written communication to our Copyright Agent that contains the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the specific material from our website that you claim is infringing;
- A statement of your good faith belief that our use of that material is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent, or by law;
- If you are not the copyright owner, a description of your relationship to the copyright owner;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Your statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- Your physical or electronic signature, identifying yourself as the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
NOTE: Under the DMCA and other applicable law, anyone who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer and by Acmeware, Inc.
What we will do on receipt of an infringement notice
If we receive your written notification meeting these requirements, then Acmeware, Inc. will promptly:
- Remove, or eliminate or disable access to, the allegedly infringing material from our website;
- Inform the individual who submitted or posted the allegedly infringing material that we have received your notice and done so; and
- Provide that individual with a copy of the written notification that we received from you.
NOTE: Acmeware, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate website access privileges granted to customers who infringe the copyrights of others.
What to do if you think we erred
If you believe in good faith that we removed your material, or eliminated or disabled access to it, by mistake or misidentification, then you may send Acmeware, Inc. a written counternotice that includes the following:
- Your contact information, including name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Identification of the material that we removed or to which we eliminated or disabled access, and the site location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it eliminated or disabled;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you are located (or if you are outside the U.S., the U.S. Federal District Court for the District of Massachusetts located in Boston, Massachusetts), and that you will accept service of process from the person who originally sent us the infringement notice;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or access to it eliminated or disabled as a result of mistake or its misidentification; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Acmeware, Inc. will only accept only those counternotices that meet the requirements set forth above and are properly submitted to our Copyright Agent.
NOTE: Under the DMCA and other applicable law, any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity was removed or access to it eliminated or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
What we will do on receipt of a counternotice
Upon receipt of a counternotice that meets these requirements, Acmeware, Inc., Inc. will promptly:
- Provide the person that submitted the infringement notice with a copy of the counternotice; and
- On or after 10 business days following receipt of the counternotice, restore the removed material and/or access to it to our website unless our Copyright Agent first receives notice that a court action has been filed to restrain either Acmeware, Inc. or the party sending the counternotice from engaging in infringement related to the allegedly infringing material.
Please submit any infringement notices and counternotices to our Copyright Agent in writing to:
Attention: Copyright Agent
333 Elm St., Suite 225
Dedham, MA 02026
A summary of the DMCA can be found here: https://www.copyright.gov/reports/studies/dmca/dmca_executive.html.
The complete text of the DMCA can be found here: https://www.aclu.org/other/text-digital-millennium-copyright-act-dmca.
For more information, consult an attorney.