Downtime Defender by Acmeware.
A secure downtime application and report delivery system for the MEDITECH EHR.
Downtime can happen due to system updates, ransomware attacks, network or power outages, or natural disasters.
Downtime Defender assures that mission-critical information necessary for continuity of care and business operations remains available during downtime events. Our application produces regularly scheduled current-state report snapshots from across the MEDITECH EHR, formatted in easy-to-read PDF documents, and securely stores them locally and in the cloud for guaranteed access during planned or unplanned downtime.
Make Downtime Defender part of your continuity of care plan.
Katherine Zigmont, AHRQ Patient Safety Organization clinical liaison nurse. Stories From the Field, Academic Medical Center PSO: Mitigating the Risks of Electronic Health Record Down Time.https://pso.ahrq.gov/with_pso/stories
Ethan Larsen, Allan Fong, Christian Wernz, Raj M Ratwani, Implications of electronic health record downtime: an analysis of patient safety event reports, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Volume 25, Issue 2, February 2018, Pages 187–191, https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocx057
Learn how Anderson Hospital uses Downtime Defender.
Click the tabs below to see reports from across MEDITECH.
Inpatient and ED census, including allergies and problems
Medication administration record, including past 24 hours, current, and upcoming
PCS documentation, including interventions and notes
Orders and labs
Includes recent order summary, lab tests, and results
Upcoming surgery, outpatient, and ambulatory appointments
At-a-glance status of downtime report status
Downtime Defender: a complete solution.
- Available for all MEDITECH versions with or without a cloud platform
- Report delivery to your data center, the cloud, and your specified on-premises workstations
- Secure and HIPAA-compliant reports, encrypted and optionally password-protected as .PDF files
- Efficiently produced from Data Repository for more frequent updates with no performance degradation for MEDITECH end-users
- Intranet-based report viewer allows for easy ad-hoc data review, selectable by facility, location, or patient account
- Built-in dashboard for report status and data latency monitoring and alerting
- Our combination of point-in-time data with future scheduled items provides a complete view of current and projected patient activity
- Purposely designed and optimized with clinician input: patient-centric layout on paper becomes part of the chart during downtime events
- Extensible reporting infrastructure allows for ongoing development of new reports and integration of third-party data
- Flexible application and report configuration options to meet your specific needs and workflow
- The best value among downtime solutions for the MEDITECH EHR
Case Study: Anderson Hospital
For more information about Downtime Defender, or to schedule a demonstration, contact us today.