Teaching hospitals about DR since 2001.
Learn from the experts at Acmeware.
Instructor-led classes for Data Repository
Taught by experienced staff, these two-day, in-person classes will quickly launch report developers using industry-standard tools, including Microsoft’s SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio. Our hands-on, interactive format uses real-world examples and allows participants of all backgrounds to learn how to write accurate and efficient DR reports.
DR Reporting Fundamentals (Expanse/6.1, Client/Server and MAGIC) – Our introductory class will teach you everything you need for “start to finish” basic reports from DR: how to find the most commo
nly-used data elements, write effective T-SQL code and produce a finished report using SQL Server Reporting Services. The class syllabus includes:
- An introduction to MEDITECH and Data Repository
- Writing and executing basic T-SQL queries
- Working with data from multiple tables
- T-SQL expressions and functions
- SQL Server Reporting Services basics
Advanced DR Reporting (all MT platforms) – Learn how to design and deploy web-based reports on your Intranet using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) SQL Server Data Tools and Report Manager. Available for SQL Server version 2012 and later. The class syllabus includes:
- Reporting Services component overview
- Getting started: the SSRS report wizard
- Visual Studio/SQL Server Data Tools basics
- Report layout and formatting
- Parameterized reports and multiple datasets
- Linked reports and subreports
- Managing report access and security
- Deploying reports and best practices for report administration
DR Conversion to Expanse/6.1 – Designed for clients with DR experience and an established library of both NPR and DR reports, this class teaches you how to transition to the latest DR database schema, including review of the “split” of applications into two separate databases. The class syllabus includes:
- DR database schema changes by application
- New database normalization changes and object-naming conventions
- Review of DR application functions within MEDITECH
- What's new in DR for REG and HIM tables
- Changes in ABS, including common table conventions
- What's new in patient accounts/BAR
- Optional advanced T-SQL techniques, including table and scalar-valued functions, using PIVOT and more.
Your place or ours?
If you have 3 or more people who want training, we'll come to you. On-site classes are two full days, except for DR Conversion to Expanse, which is one day and a half. Our teaching format includes presentation, relevant demonstrations and hands-on exercises and technical problem-solving for class participants, using your own test data, with examples customized specifically for your needs.
If you only have 1 or 2 people to train, it may be more cost effective to travel to our Dedham, MA office. The class format is the same, but taught with standard examples rather than customized. Please see our events page for a current schedule, or contact us if you'd like to request specific dates.
Scheduling & cost